Want to add texture, color and beauty to your yard even during the dead of winter? A few easy tricks during winter can lead to a beautiful landscape that shines all season long. Here are a few things you’ll want to hit on for your landscape this holiday.
- Create a fireside retreat. What better way to draw visitors to your home than with some light and warmth? Adding a fire pit loaded with wood is perfect for sharing the holiday with guests, weather permitting of course. Add some chairs and prepare some campfire style s’mores to really enjoy this feature.
- Embrace color. Nothing is worse than being drowned out by dull whites and overcast greys during the winter time. A great way to make your landscape pop this season is to add some color. Paint fences and plant beautiful new foliage. Camellias and hellebores are perfect for winter gardens.
- Add some light. How better to warm up your winter landscape than to give it some beautiful holiday lighting features? Position landscape lighting to show off your favorite features in your yard such as an interesting tree or charming path to your front door.
- Make use of summer planting pots. If you’re planning to get rid of summer or fall planting pots, consider this. You can create a winter display arrangement with things like pine, boxwood, yew, holly or dried hydrangea flowers. This is a great way to add some color and charm to your landscape.
- Dress up your front door. Doorways are perfect for showing your holiday spirit. Add some small trees and decorate with garland or pine needles. Hang wreaths, ornaments and ribbons to show your love for the winter season.
Start Your Next Landscaping Project with Lehnhoff’s Landscaping
Thinking about your next landscaping project? Lehnhoff’s Landscaping offers professional and exceptional outdoor lighting, hardscaping, and landscaping year-round. We also offer dumpster rental, bulk material delivery, and drainage solutions. We serve Baltimore, Chevy Chase, Montgomery County, Clarksville, Howard County, Ellicott City, Kingsville, Bowie, Pasadena, Towson, and many other areas throughout Maryland.