Now that the sun is finally peeking through the clouds, the weather is starting to warm up. You know what that means: spring cleaning. Spring cleaning doesn’t only apply to cleaning old clothes out of your closet or finally getting rid of those boxes in the garage. Take advantage of this much-needed warm weather, and start your spring mulching project. Before you have your mulch delivered by a local supply yard, it is necessary that you do a little research beforehand. This comprehensive guide will help you through the dos and don’ts of spring mulching for your landscaping.
- Use Mulch as an Accent: Mulch does more than provide the moisture that your landscaping requires to stay healthy and thriving. It also adds to the overall aesthetic of your landscaping and home. When starting your mulching project this year, make sure that you utilize mulch as an accent feature as well.
- Look at Your Entire Landscape: Take a step back, and look at the big picture. It’s easy to get fixated on smaller projects within the larger one, but don’t let your mind wander too long. Be sure that your mulch fits with your landscape, in terms of color and organization.
- Try Different Kinds: If there’s a brand or color you’ve been using for a while, and you’re curious about what it might be like to mix it up, try a new mulch! With so many colors and textures available, there are many options that can enhance your landscaping.
- Use Bad Mulch: Steer clear of bad mulch. If you unwittingly buy mulch with noxious seeds, you could be paying for that for a long time. Make sure you are buying your mulch from a trusted, local landscaping company with years of experience.
- Use Too Little or Too Much: Using the incorrect amount of mulch can be unhelpful to your landscaping as well. If unsure of how much mulch your project requires, contact a Maryland landscaping company for immediate help.
Get Your Mulch from Lehnhoff’s Supply Yard
Whether you need skilled landscape design, outdoor lighting, dumpster rental, drainage solutions, or just about anything outside of your property taken care of, call the professionals at Lehnhoff’s Landscaping. We pride ourselves on our fantastic customer service, quality work, and personal touches. We can handle both small and large jobs in Baltimore and beyond and will be honored to work on your property. To get a quote and learn more about our services, contact us online or give us a call at (443) 921-5789. For pictures of our work and more lawn and home tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Google+.