Spring cleaning season is nearly upon us. If you have built up a lot of junk in your homes, renting roll-off containers or dumpsters is a strong idea. Renting roll-off containers or dumpsters is especially helpful if you’re too busy to make it to the local dump. In this blog, we give an overview of what to expect when renting roll-off containers or dumpsters in 2017. Don’t worry, Lehnhoff’s Landscaping has your back!
Renting Roll-Off Containers or Dumpsters? Consider What Size You Need
The size you can expect to need depends on what project you need it for. How much junk or refuse are you trying to get rid of? Do you only need a minor renovation? What about a major overhaul? Here are the most common sizes of roll-off containers or dumpster:
- 10 yard: Best suited for small or very light projects. These containers generally measure 16’ long by 8’ wide and 2’ high. The typical base cost for these containers is $300.00. Our prices are $250-$350 depending on the material.
- 20 yard: Best suited for light to medium projects. These containers generally measure 20’ long by 8’ wide and 3.5’ high. The typical base cost for these containers is $422.00. Our prices are $275-$425 depending on the material.
- 30 yard: Best suited for heavy interior work, such as de-cluttering or remodeling. These containers generally measure 22’ long by 8’ wide and 5’ high. The typical base cost for these containers is about 500.00.
Some other unconventional sizes can be acquired as well. These sizes come in 12 yard, 15 yard, and 25 yard just to name a few. But these might be harder to get, since they are not as common. Please note that we carry 10 yard, 15 yard, and 20 yard.
Renting Roll-Off Containers or Dumpsters? Consider Some Other Cost Factors
- Duration of Rental: How long you intend to keep the container is another factor in how much it will cost. Generally, prices are given by the week, although some companies will charge an extra per diem fee of $5 or $10 every day you have the container longer than a week.
- Availability: Another cost factor is supply and demand. How available are the containers in the size that you need? Transporting the containers is factored into the overall cost, after all.
- Dumpage fees: Certain jurisdictions will have different dumpage fees. These fees depend on how much you’re looking to dump but are usually included with the rental cost. For more information on how much it is in Baltimore County, please see the embedded link.
Start Your Next Landscaping Project with Lehnhoff’s Landscaping
Thinking about your next landscaping project? Lehnhoff’s Landscaping offers professional and exceptional outdoor lighting, hardscaping, and landscaping year-round. We also offer dumpster rental, bulk material delivery, and drainage solutions. We serve Baltimore, Chevy Chase, Montgomery County, Clarksville, Howard County, Ellicott City, Kingsville, Bowie, Pasadena, Towson, and many other areas throughout Maryland.