Let’s face it: most of us don’t live on long acres worth of land overlooking beautiful scenic features. When it comes to landscaping a less-than-grand space, there’s a lot that can be done to enhance the land, making it appear deceptively large. Here are a few tips for making the most of your outdoor space this fall:
- Use scrubs and small trees to give the illusion of having a yard that goes on for days; the obscured views will make it seem as though there’s more there than meets the eye. If the entire landscape isn’t visible from one spot, your yard is sure to seem more sizable than it actually is.
- Evergreens not only give an added layer of privacy, but also act as a beautiful backdrop for the rest of the plants in your landscape, highlighting the contrasting fall colors.
- Know what the plants you use in your yard will look like over time: combining a multitude of shapes, colors, and textures will make your landscape more captivating.
- To eliminate the proliferation of weeds and cultivate a cushy carpet in your yard, plant groundcovers that will flourish as grass dies off with the colder weather.
- Delight the senses with not only aesthetically pleasing plants, but also the relaxing sounds of running water: a water feature will drown out the noise from the street and give your space the feeling of being secluded.
- Since opposites attract, play with dark and light colors to create a landscape filled with drama and a buffet of treats for the eye.
If you need help maximizing your small space, don’t forget that Lehnhoff’s can design and construct a landscape no matter the size of your yard. From water features to expert eyes that know color and design, our professionals can deliver big results even in the tiniest of spaces.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lehnhoff’s Landscaping by calling443.921.5789 or visit LehnoffsLandscaping.com today!