Without a doubt, soil delivery is one of the best and easiest ways to get your garden going. Do you need soil delivery to your home or business in Towson, Maryland? Have no fear and don’t worry, because Lehnhoff’s Landscaping has your back. Not only do we now offer soil delivery services, in this blog we will also talk about organic topsoil as well.
What is Topsoil?
Topsoil is the outermost layer of soil, about the topmost 2 to 8 inches. It makes for a useful gardening medium, especially for growing your own food. Organic topsoil is even better. Organic topsoil does not have the same chemical content most commercial soil might have. This is not to say all commercial soil is chemical-laden. In fact, it might be cheaper to get regular soil than organic, as is this case with many other products. Plants and animals decomposing contributes to organic topsoil, providing natural fertilizers. Other organisms such as worms and healthy bacteria also help speed up and improve this process.
Here are some reasons to choose topsoil, and in particular, organic topsoil:
- Natural fertilizers are in topsoil, and are even more plentiful in organic topsoil.
- The right amount of moisture is held in by organic topsoil. This moisture will keep whatever you’re growing in your garden well-watered.
- Tilth is an essential component of healthy gardens. Organic topsoil contains outstanding amounts of tilth.
- Local plants will need local soil, as well. Matching plants to the correct type of soil will help them thrive. What’s more, it’s easier on you and your wallet, as this is more cost-efficient.
Get the Most Out of Your Soil Delivery
- Do your due diligence. As is the case with many major projects, initial research is essential. You want to be sure you’re getting the most out of not only your soil delivery, but your entire gardening venture. Whether you need soil for your home or business, you want to be sure you follow your budget responsibly.
- Select your top candidates, and get some samples of their products, if possible. Again, you want to be sure you’re getting the best value for your money.
- Whomever you order from (although we recommend ourselves) don’t go through an intermediary. You don’t need a so-called “middleman” to help you with this. It’s best and most efficient, not to mention least expensive, to negotiate the transaction yourself.
- What is your topsoil going to be used for? Consider the purpose of why you are getting topsoil delivered. You might want to ask for what is called a “soil spec sheet.” If you know lead to be a potential power in your area, make sure to get it analyzed.
Soil Delivery From Lehnhoff’s Landscaping
Thinking about your next landscaping project? Lehnhoff’s Landscaping offers professional and exceptional outdoor lighting, hardscaping, and landscaping year-round. We also offer dumpster rental, bulk material delivery, and drainage solutions. We serve Baltimore, Chevy Chase, Montgomery County, Clarksville, Howard County, Ellicott City, Kingsville, Bowie, Pasadena, Towson, and many other areas throughout Maryland.