Screened topsoil is a critical part of your yard and its prolonged health. Topsoil is, as the name implies, the very top layer of soil on your yard. It is typically about 2 inches to 8 inches thick. It is chock full of nutrients and is partially composed of organic matter and microorganisms. Topsoil is also the most scarce type of soil, because it takes so long for all of the organic matter to decompose and integrate with the soil. Here is what you should know about your screened topsoil purchase.
What You Should Pay Attention To
Many construction companies clear out massive properties and end up with a great deal of subsoil from the project. Unfortunately, many of these companies package and sell this soil as topsoil. They sell it for very affordable prices and some consumers are tricked by the low price. However, the investment that you make in good quality screened topsoil is important. Without good quality screened topsoil, you will not be able to grow much of anything in your yard.
The Basics of Purchasing Screened Topsoil
Purchasing screened topsoil can be simple if you follow the following tips:
- Do research on the company you are purchasing screened topsoil from. Read online reviews and make sure that they are reputable.
- Get a sample of the topsoil before you make a purchase and before you ever ask for a price. This will give you the most objective experience possible and allow you to experience the product firsthand.
- If your screened topsoil is going to be used for growing vegetables or fruit, get a soil analysis sheet from the company. Ensure that the screened topsoil has a large amount of nutrients to provide the vegetables you want to grow.
- Don’t be afraid to ask around for recommendations from family and friends.
- Work with a trusted landscaping company like Lehnhoff’s Landscaping to find the best quality screened topsoil.
All Your Lawn Needs from Lehnhoff’s Landscaping
Whether you need skilled landscape design, outdoor lighting, dumpster rental, drainage solutions, or just about anything outside of your property taken care of, call the professionals at Lehnhoff’s Landscaping. We pride ourselves on our fantastic customer service, quality work, and personal touches. We can handle both small and large jobs and will be honored to work on your property. To get a quote and learn more about our services, contact us online or give us a call at (443) 921-5789. For pictures of our work and more lawn and home tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Google+.